We think that you have been in the field for a few years and feel comfortable in setting communication strategies and executing tactics. You are likely used to building strong relationships with the media, analysts and clients and managing internal teams and processes skillfully. To enjoy the work, you should have a passion for learning, a “can do” attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you also consider your strengths to include creative thinking, the ability to untangle complex issues and becoming a trusted ally with important clients – we would like to meet you.
You will be employed and based in Göteborg and work from our newly renovated office with approximately 30 other colleagues in the Monocl companies. We regularly arrange quarterly celebrations, afterworks and really try to find any excuse to throw another party. Flexibility is required if Nordic or national client engagements may require you to travel for meetings and workshops.
You will enjoy a range of benefits, including financial incentive programs together with beneficial insurance and pension programs. As part of our ambition to be a leading company in the industry, you will also be equipped with great hardware for the job. Best of all, however, are all the ambitious and great colleagues that you will get to work with.
- Work across a range of bio/med tech clients with C-level executives
- Serve as the daily client contact, taking briefs as well as providing proactive counsel on new approaches or ideas that will help meet clients’ broader objectives
- Develop communication strategies and execute associated activities that achieve client objectives
- Develop media materials such as press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts and fact sheets
- Ghost-write newsletters and articles on behalf of clients
- Media relations, including story and message development, create and drive outreach plans, secure media coverage/briefings, brief spokespeople and ongoing development of contact network
- Investor relations, develop company presentations for various audiences and support regulatory-required documentation development
- Overseeing quality and operational performance of projects, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
- Proactively identify business opportunities for the client
- 4-5 years of work experience related to communication, journalism, business analysis, etc., within the field of Life Science
- Demonstrated agency/consulting experience preferably within the communication, public relations, life science, marketing or healthcare arenas
- Previous experience in developing strategies and executing associated tactics to meet client objectives, managing resources and budgets as well as new business development
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree from top universities in relevant fields (business, finance, communication, pharmaceuticals, biology, health economics, pharmacy etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish – both verbally and in writing
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and perform with a sense of urgency and client service orientation
- Solid understanding of concepts and terminology within business, finance as well as the media landscape
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience from working hands-on with small biotech companies
- Experience from creating material for publication in trade journals
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Possess thorough understanding of the Life Science industry
- Solid interpersonal skills that enable positive influencing of others
- Fluency in additional languages
To apply for this position, send your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Communication Manager”. Please address your previous experience that you deem to be of the highest relevance for this position. We do not accept consulting offers in replacement of employment. All communication about this position is handled via email and it does not suffice to click on the apply button in LinkedIn (you still need to email all the requested info above to be included in the process).
Monocl Strategy & Communication is offering fantastic opportunities for outstanding candidates with a proven track record within communication, investor relations, business development and management consulting in the Life Science industry.